Emacs Keyboard Shortcuts

• On windows I can select text on any editor using Shift and arrows, on Linux Emacs I can’t do the same thing, can any body tell me how can I select text using only keyboard on Emacs?
    Regards

• Zitat von Aladdin

On windows I can select text on any editor using Shift and arrows, on Linux Emacs I can’t do the same thing, can any body tell me how can I select text using only keyboard on Emacs?
    Regards

The "Windows"-way: type `M-x pc-selection-mode'. Then you can mark with Shift and arrows, and some other Windows-style features are enabled (e.g. delete region when typing DEL). It only works properly when running emacs in the GUI.
    The "emacs"-way: type C-SPC or C-@ to begin marking, then move around with the cursor keys to mark the region you want. This also works when you are running emacs in a terminal, so you might be happier with this way. ;)

Why bother spending time reading up on things? Everybody's an authority, in a free land.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!