Programmier Strukturen (C++/Universell)

• Ich verfasse diesen Post auf Englisch, weil mir das leichter fällt (ja, meine Muttersprache ist Deutsch). Falls Ihr lieber auf Deutsch antwortet, tut dies. I have no idea what the right word for this is. Is it structure? Paradigm? Strategy?

I have the following struct:

All the properties are being updated every frame. The variable name

Code
    buttonPressedThisFrame

is extremely long, so I have shortened it to

Code
    bptf

since it is commented at the declaration anyways. Is this the correct thing to do?

I also have a function, which is called every frame, called

Code
    void handleInput(o::Mouse m)

which surprisingly enough handles all the input. The project I am currently working on has to do with nodes and mouse controls are there for the selection and moving of said nodes. So in that function I have a few if-statements. Is it better to have completely dry code and only have every if-statement once, or is it better to logically separate them?

Examle:

vs

What is to be said about my project, is that those if-statements become quite nested (up to 6 tabstops with else-statements to each of them) and also cover keyboard input combined with mouse input (e.g. Ctrl + LMB).

Which of these strategies is the correct/best one to use?

• Zitat

Is this the correct thing to do?

Würde unbedingt von solchen Abkürzungen abraten. Bei buttonPressedThisFrame weiß ich sofort was die Bedeutung der Variable ist (sofern sie korrekt benannt ist).
    Vor allem in großen Projekten ist gute Benennung extrem wichtig.

Zitat

So in that function I have a few if-statements. Is it better to have completely dry code and only have every if-statement once, or is it better to logically separate them?

Das Beispiel ist etwas abstrakt, d.h. kann ich dir da konkret nicht viel dazu sagen.
    Aber wann immer du Codeduplizierung vermeiden kannst, mach es.
    Vielleicht nennst du noch ein paar mehr Details, dann kann man zum konkreten Fall mehr sagen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!