MacBook funktionsfähig machen für Maya PLE

• Hallo zusammen!

Hab heute Maya 7.0 auf einem MacBook ausprobiert. Leider gibt es ab und zu Grafikfehler die noch recht nerven. Unter diesem link

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=537871

wird über das Problem diskutiert und es gibt offensichtlich eine einfache lösung indem man die AppleIntelGMA915.kext verwendet anstatt der AppleIntelGMA950.kext...

Ja, soweit so gut. Das Problem ist das der Mensch dann nicht mehr weiterredet wie er das macht und woher er das File nimmt...hab leider noch nicht soviel ahnung vom MacOSX, darum hab ich mich gefragt ob hier jemand schon das Problem gehabt hat...

...ja leider läuft Maya unter Windows mit Bootcamp genau 2 Sekunden., dann stürtzt es ab. Keine Ahnung warum,aber das wäre dann ein anderer Thread... :)

lg Thönu

------
    Der grösste Bug sitzt meistens vor dem Bildschirm.

• Ich hab nachgeschaut, bei meinem MacPro ist auf der Installations-CD nur der 950er drauf.

Der Vortragende des Maya-Kurses weiß es allerdings, evtl könntest du diesem eine Mail schreiben?

[font=verdana,sans-serif]"An über-programmer is likely to be someone who stares quietly into space and then says 'Hmm. I think I've seen something like this before.'" -- John D. Cock[/font]

opentu.net - freier, unzensierter Informationsaustausch via IRC-Channel!
    Hilfe und Support in Studienangelegenheiten, gemütliches Beisammensein, von und mit Leuten aus dem Informatik-Forum!

• Jemand hat mir eine einen Installer geschickt der das Problem mit Maya auf core2duo macbooks und mac minis löst. Hier der Link

http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0426247/gma900.pkg.zip

Ich hab es selbst noch nicht versucht, also alle angaben ohne gewähr.
    Und hier seine Beschreibung dazu (auszug aus 2 mails)

Hi. I read your post on the Autodesk forums, and thought I'd just mention that I managed to get the hack mentioned there to work on both a MacBook and a Mac Mini (which was also displaying the odd lighting problem.)

If you like, I can send you an installer that will fix the problem.

The only side effect is that it nukes DVD playback. Also, I'm not sure what it will do to any future system updates. Maya, however, works wonderfully now.

Here's the installer. I don't think doing an uninstall will work. I'm pretty sure this installer's postflight script removes all trace of the former video drivers, so there's no simple way to get them back. What I would suggest is going into /System/Library/Extensions and making a backup of all the "AppleIntelGMA950" related files in there. These are what get deleted. Backpedaling should be as simple as manually removing all the "AppleIntel915" related files, and putting the 950-ones back, and then...

Whenever you manually swap out the kexts, you should immediately repair permissions, delete the /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache and /System/Library/Extensions.mkext files, then reboot immediately. This way you can swap out the video drivers to your hearts content. Just be careful to get all the files each time, or you could totally fry your computer's ability to display anything. I did that to myself several times today by cavalierly screwing around with this stuff. Luckily, I have multiple machines available to me, so I simply put the afflicted machine into target disk mode and repaired it from a working machine.

The real pisser is that the 915 drivers don't HAVE to break the DVD playback. There is a file missing from this installer - "AppleIntel915DVDDriver.bundle". Whoever put it together omitted this file, probably by mistake. Finding this file would be a great help, but I haven't yet. If you do, let me know.

Also, I would encourage you to share this info with the forum. Seems like a lot of people are having this problem. I'm not a member, and would prefer to remain anonymous. Be sure to stress that this has only been tested on a Core2Duo MacBook and a similar Mini both running 10.4.9.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!