netiquette enforcement

• hello folks,
    i am quite new to the net and have had a bitter experience just recently with a web forum (BAUT (astronomy and general science))
    after 451 posts there and building a warm relationship with various members, I was cast out in a RUDE manner (never experienced something like that before!) for "blatant, provocative and purposeful" violation of the "no religion" rule
    actually is there quite a lot of talking on that matter ....people are interested in it and it is generally tolerated also
    my special sin seems to have been that i cited Erdös' well known term "Supreme Fascist" to refer to God (in the "your favorite quote" thread in the Off Toppic Babbling Section !!!!)
    I signed the post "shalom from germdom" (note that I was especially greating a Jewish member at the occasion and that Erdös used phrases like "samdom" (US) and "jaydom" (UDSSR) and I provided a wiki link also for ready reference!)
    well, to come to an end....I found myself banned "for life" without so much as a warning, a consultation or even a short and mannered notification from the moderators or administrators

I find myself cut off from my relations (private messaging extensively used) and are coldly turned a deaf ear to, after having explaned myself to the administrators ("contact us") and offered to abstain from further posting in exchange for PM-access to my friends
    I have allways been friendly never been rude in any way!
    I am at the end of my means and stand in front of an unscalable, hermetically sealed wall!!!
    how should I react now?
    must I not in the interest of the wider internet comunity try to stand up against such kind of snubbing?!

answers and opinions would be very wellcome !
    (you may do so in German (no problem with the understanding :) part)

hajimemashtedouzoyouroshikuonegaishimasu

• Sorry, but what are we supposed to do about it? Write the forum's administrator a message, more or less arbitrarily siding with somebody we don't know in a matter we haven't followed?

Try to convince some regular members of the forum that you've been misunderstood, maybe they can make the admin reconsider his decision. If people there are reasonable, outsiders like us will probably not be listened to in such a matter.

• I can't know the board in question .. but individual forum owners can use any rules they like. I've been to a board where any user to use the word "dude" got banned.

It has nothing to do with your freedom of speech being snubbed. You're allowed to say anything you might want to say .. on your own forum.

• Zitat

I've been to a board where any user to use the word "dude" got banned.

why?

Otto: Apes don't read philosophy. - Wanda: Yes they do, Otto, they just don't understand
    Beleidigungen sind Argumente jener, die über keine Argumente verfügen.
    «Signanz braucht keine Worte.» | «Signanz gibts nur im Traum.» 

Das neue MTB-Projekt (PO, Wiki, Mitschriften, Ausarbeitungen, Folien, ...) ist online
    http://mtb-projekt.at

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!