IT industry dress-code

• Hi everybody,

I am a programmer with 6 years of experience in fields of web technologies (java, php, html, css, javascript....=)

Now I would like to move to Vienna and the first step is finding a job.

The question is how important is the CV photo? Currently I have long hair and I would be sorry to cut it if it makes no difference.

Also do I have to wear a suit in the CV photo and on the actual job interview?

Thank you for your answers.

Marko

• Hi Marko,

the photo is by far not the most important thing on a CV. A shirt + long hair + a neat look should really be ok.

job interview
    it depends - I personally would recommend wearing a suit, but cloth pants/suit pants + shirt are definitely fine too.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    Mark Twain

• As long as you look cultivated, long hair is not a problem for a male IT expert (for female definitly not).

And I would wear clothes for the job interview that make me feel professional and comfortable. A tie is not needed - and for the rest I would say it depends a little bit on the job.

When applying as a programmer, you could dress a little bit less formal than as a project manager. And for an interview for a software company I would dress other than for an interview for a financial institute...

IT business in Vienna is more or less the same as everywhere else :)

I used to be an owl...

881 :rock:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!